Monday, September 7, 2009

Choosing an Internet Service Provider.

Last weekend, one of my colleagues asked me on what I think is the best phone and internet service. She said she wants to apply for an internet service but a bit apprehensive on what company best suits her needs.

I told her that I can only speak for the internet services that I’ve tried. I informed her that the available options will depend on her location. Some internet service providers are not available in some areas. In fact, this is the reason why I switched from using BayanDSL to Smartbro. I moved to a different apartment and I was told by Bayantel that they don’t have an available facility for the DSL service on the new apartment. This is the reason why I settled for Smartbro.

I was subscribed to BayanDSL for almost a year. Their DSL service is good and I can not complain. I can only recall one instance that I called their technical support to report a downtime and it was fixed in a few hours. I don’t know now but they used to give rebates if they can not fix the problem within 24 hours. However, they have a limited coverage. So when I moved to a different house just a couple of blocks away from my previous apartment, I was surprised to learn that they no longer have a DSL facility in the area.

I have been using Smartbro for more than a year now and I can’t say that I am satisfied with their service. I became a frequent caller to their technical support hotline. Even simple things as delivering my monthly bill have become a big issue. They are quick to disconnect the service for failure to pay on time but they are too slow when it comes to fixing the problem with their internet service. One good thing that lured me to their service was they don’t require too many paperwork and documents when applying for a service. One valid ID and the Php999 advance payment and you are sure to have an internet connection in a few days time.

If you are thinking of applying for an internet service like my co-worker, make sure to compare phone and DSL Services before making a decision. If you require more information, don’t hesitate to call the internet service provider. You can also seek the assistance of friends who live in your vicinity and ask them if they are satisfied with their internet service. I’m sure that they are more than willing to recommend their internet service provider if they are satisfied with their service.

If you are in the US, you may want to check out Spectrotel, the number one leading telecommunication company offers the best VOIP and DSL services all throughout the United States.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin