Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Value of Work

We only realize the value of something once we’ve lost it. Even to our friends and family, we only appreciate their value in our lives once they are no longer with us. We take them for granted. We profess our love for our family and yet we choose other trivial things over them.

And look at how some people value their jobs. They go to great lengths finding a decent job that will provide for their family and their lifestyle. And yet, once they get hired, they started to take it for granted. If only their jobs can speak.

Here is a short article from the Carnegian Report and was published by Fr. Frank Mihalic’s collection of stories:

You say you love me, but sometimes you don’t show it. In the beginning, you couldn’t do enough for me. Now, you seem to take me for granted. Some days I even wonder if I mean anything at all to you.

Maybe when I’m gone, you’ll appreciate me and all the things I do for you. I’m responsible for getting the food on your table, for your clean shirt, for the welfare of your children… a thousand and one thing you want and need. Why if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t even have a car.

I’ve kept quiet and waited to see how long it would take for you to realize how much you really need me.

Cherish me, take care of me and I’ll continue to take good care of you.

Who am I? I am your JOB.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin