Saturday, April 11, 2009

My monitor has retired!


First of all, I would like to apologize for my failure to update this blog for the last couple of days. I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to return the visit or to reciprocate those who have dropped their EC cards on this blog or those who find time to comment on my posts. I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude for your continued support. I promise to make up for it.

I also would like to apologize to fellow members of a new Yahoo group of bloggers that I recently joined. We have agreed to support each other and to regularly visit other member’s blog but I failed miserably to meet my obligation for the last couple of days. I do apologize. (BTW, if you want to join the group, kindly visit this blog post.)

Sadly, I don’t have a choice. My computer monitor gave up on me last Tuesday, it will not turn on. The CPU was working based on the LED lights but there was no light on the monitor. Thinking that it was something that I can resolve on my own, I tried to plug the monitor directly into the power outlet but there was absolutely no sign of life. I just gave up and thought of bringing it to the nearest repairer the next day. The next day came and I was scheduled to go to a repairer but my girlfriend had other plans that I had to prioritize. Thursday and Friday are both holidays so the repair center was not open for business. I was already looking at buying a new monitor but this was an unforeseen expense that was not in my budget. A new monitor would cost me about PHP5, 000.00 which can already cover for 5 months of my internet bills. During these times of crisis, every peso counts.

This monitor has served me for about 8 years now and it has been a reliable companion before this day. Anyway, the monitor was repaired this morning and I only paid Php450. It has retired… but only for a short time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin