Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun Friday - My Five Favorite Books

For this week’s Fun Friday, we are to blog about the five favorite books we have ever read. Well, I no longer have enough time to read books but I used to be a book worm. I still read during free time but mostly e-books.

I should be listing Filipino books here but most of my readers will not be able to relate and recognize the books, hehehe. So I’ll pick those who have become international bestsellers. These books are worth-reading, entertaining and really kept me at the edge of my seat wanting to see how it will end.


Anyway, here are my five favorite books in no particular order:

On my list is “A time to Kill”, the first book by John Grisham who is best known for his legal thrillers. The book is heart wrenching and I considered it the finest work of this writer. It subtly explores the themes of racism, murder, punishment and revenge.


Another favorite is "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown. I read "The Da Vinci code" before reading “Angels and Demons” and I both enjoyed the novels. I just think that “Angels and Demons” has a more suspenseful storyline than the The Da Vinci Code. It was here that the character Robert Langdon was introduced.



The Harry Potter book series is also on my list of favorites. I thoroughly enjoyed J.K. Rowling’s storytelling about Harry Potter and Hogwarts school of Wizardry. Based on accounts, the idea for Harry Potter was conceived when the author was on a crowded train. Anyway, I read the series a few years ago while I’m at work during idle hours at the office. Those were the times when we are not yet busy with calls.



Then, of course, I have on the list “Rising Sun” by Michael Crichton. He is one of my favorite writers. The book was an international best-selling crime thriller about a murder in a Japanese corporation in Los Angeles. The book was adapted into a film, starring Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Tia Carrere and Harvey Keitel.



I made a review of “The Alchemist” of Paulo Coelho in this blog, the first book review that I did. It is a tale of a boy who has a dream and the courage to follow it.



So there you are, my five favorite books.

Enjoy reading!


10 comments:

Cee said...

Tnx for visiting my page. Not much posts to read though. I'm just not a regular Blogger i guess. See you around :-)

Recent blog post: One Lovely Blog Award

melissa said...

I have not read any Harry Potter books, my son loves them though. I like Michael Crichton too, I have not read the one you listed, and your last one I never heard of, but it looks like something I would like. I will have to look for it to read.

Recent blog post: Fun Friday, My Favorite Books

femmepower said...

my husband has a collection of Michael Chrichton books but i haven't read his Rising Sun yet.I have a copy of The Alchemist.It's pretty good.I agree with u on Angels and Demons being more suspenseful than The Da Vinci Code.I liked the novel but i haven't seen the movie.

Recent blog post: Fun Friday: My favorite books

Badong said...

naaasar ako sa sarili ko dahil hindi na ko nakakapag-basa lately. sa mga nilagay mo 3 lang nabasa ko. yung HP series, angels and demons tsaka yung the alchemist. haay

Recent blog post: Mga Gawain Sa Dilim

Eddie Garcia said...

Hey Leo,
I am pretty much like you in that I don't have a lot of time to read anything. I do read my Bible and I read many ebook, but most of my reading is other people's posts and making comments. I would like to have more time to read and maybe I will one of these days.

Friends 4 Life!

Recent blog post: Are You Getting Paid to Shop Online?

meryl said...

gusto ko din yang 2 favorite books mo ^_^ happy sunday leomar.

Recent blog post: NEED A WEB HOST?

janicephil said...

wow!! nice choices it made me think my top 5 as well hehehe...

Recent blog post: volvo parts

Arlyna said...

Hi Leo,
I have read the alchemist as well. He is a great writer. I myself am a bookworm. I finished reading 3 books in a month and a half. I always find time to read even with a busy schedule - it makes me escape from this crazy busy world.

Recent blog post: Four.Quatre.Apat.Uppat.

The Pope said...

Ang pinaka favorite ko sa mention mo ay si John Grisham, I got a collection of his books, others are in hard bound pa.

Thanks for sharing this post.

A blessed evening to you.

Recent blog post: PARABLE OF THE PENCIL

Julie McClelland said...

The Alchemist looks like an excellent read. I have read the jacket cover before, but not got it. The others I have read enjoyed, except for Harry Potter - I'm not a fan.

Recent blog post: Recommendations is Network Marketing in Disguise

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin