Monday, May 4, 2009

MYX Daily Top 10 (May 4, 2009)


Barely a month before their much-awaited concert in the Philippines, the Pussycat Dolls takes over the top spot in the number one music video countdown in the Philippines with their song “Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny). The video which was taken from the Oscar winning movie “Slumdog Millionaire” jumped from number 4 last week to the top spot today. Idol Winner David Cook also moved one notch to land at the number 2 spot while last week’s number one song “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus settled to number 3.

The top 5 songs are still dominated by foreign artists while 5 OPM songs made it to the countdown today with Rico Blanco’s “Antukin” at number 6.

Top Ten

01. The Pussycat Dolls - Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
02. David Cook - Come Back To Me
03. Miley Cyrus - The Climb
04. Taylor Swift - Love Story
05. Britney Spears - If U Seek Amy
06. Rico Blanco - Antukin
07. Kamikazee - Wala
08. Hale - Sandali Na Lang
09. Paraluman f/ Kean Cipriano - Tabi
10. Kyla & Jay-R - Back In Time


Watch the music video below of "Jai Ho!" from the movie Slumdog Millionaire:




7 comments:

Laura said...

I guess I don't listen to enough new music, but when I played the song, my daughter recognized it right away.

Anne said...

I find it interesting how some music is international. When I was younger, British music was extremely popular, now it seems to be US music. I don't listen to new music much now.

Recent blog post: Random Tuesday — Happy Spring

Betchai said...

oh, i am really outdated when it comes to music, but am glad for visiting here since it reminds me of what i have been missing :)

Recent blog post: Hiking Mt Woodson

Call Center Gal said...

Jai Ho sounds like an Indian music... referring to the beat though.. :)

Recent blog post: Got a Breather in the Mall

melissa said...

I love the Pussycat Dolls. Will you be going to see them sing? If yes, I am so jealous.

Recent blog post: New Mother horse and baby horse Cameo brooch pin

LeoMar said...

Hi Melissa, I just checked the price of the tickets and its way beyond my budget so i guess i will not be able to see them perform live.

joshua alias jaiho said...

hi sa mga brothers ko na c jayvic and jason. we are watching myx everyday allnight he3 wave 2 all my fans

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin