Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time to visit a dentist.

My long overdue visit to the dentist will hopefully end this weekend. I will be seeking an appointment with a dentist later and hopefully, I will be able to see one on Saturday or Sunday. This may not be a top priority but this could surely save me time and inconveniences in the future. It’s a good thing that dental services are covered by my health card so I don’t need to spend a penny.

Regular visits to the dentist can help prevent toothaches and dental emergencies. A dentist can surely identify early signs of problems with teeth or gums. If gum diseases, cavities and broken fillings are detected earlier, they can be easily treated. But if these problems go untreated you may be looking at more costly operations like root canals, gum surgery or tooth extraction.

I only learned recently that there’s another treatment method in dentistry that I hope has already reached the Philippines. It is called Neuromuscular Dentistry; it incorporates state-of-the-art technology as it objectively focuses on correcting misalignment of the jaw then creates a non-surgical treatment plan for therapy.

This is certainly welcome news to those that are looking for alternative method of treating TMJ (temporomandibular joint) Dysfunction. But as they said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So let’s visit our dentist regularly to avoid debilitating diseases.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin