Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Janina San Miguel backs out from Ms. World 2008



Janina San Miguel, the Philippines' representative to the 2008 Miss World beauty pageant, has resigned, Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BCPI) said late Monday.

The controversial San Miguel won the Binibining Pilipinas Ms. World despite having difficulty answering a judge's question in English.

Reports had it that the untimely death of her grandfather, among other personal reasons, has caused her undue stress and which led to her decision to relinquish her title.

During the contest, San Miguel said on national television: "Well, my family’s role for me is so important b’coz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Hahahaha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god… I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b’coz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tough 10. Hmmm, so… but I said dot my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you."

San Miguel's answer was immediately uploaded on YouTube and she became an instant celebrity.

1st Runner-Up Danielle CastaƱo will replace San Miguel as the official Philippine representative to the Ms. World 2008 pageant.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin